Sunday, September 15, 2013

Gregg Allman: I'm No Angel- Live on Stage



WAY BETTER THAN EXPECTED
This will be a classic, lots of close up face shots of Gregg and the rest of the band. Gregg's vocals are right on target, Dan Toler's guitar playing is as tasty as it gets. Great song selection, I have nine DVD's of the Allman Brothers and this is one of the best. Sound quality is great I would say 9/10 picture is 8/9, for the time period I can't complain at all. This is a true must have and the only DVD I have seen of Gregg's solo band's, I can't imagine an Allman fan not excited about this release. Only down fall is it is 52 min., I hope they have more of this type of footage available in the near future. I can't get enough of this one.

you should pick up a copy for some boogeyin' fun.
This concert is a good introduction to Gregg Allman. It runs at a good clip with only a 52 minute running time, and there are no lengthy jams as the Allman Brothers Band was prone to do. Ten songs in a small setting with a decent crowd, and you get just enough to satisfy. This is a full screen presentation that seems as if it were taken from a TV broadcast, so the picture is decent, but nothing special. You get a choice of stereo or "Simulated" 5.1 surround sound. For a 1988 concert, I can't imagine the 5.1 blowing me away that much, so the stereo was a fine option for me. Also, being from 1988, this concert was recorded at the height of the band's career as the charting single "I'm No Angel" is included in the setlist. (Hence, the concerts title.) There is a good all around live mix for the band, and all the instruments are heard well through the stereo speakers. This is a basic blues and boogie outing by the band, with the exception of the title track and "Slip Away", so be...

Rare 80's Gregg Allman video
This is a good example of what Gregg Allman was doing in the eighties, after the Allman Brothers Band broke up. I saw the Gregg Allman band a few times during that time period, and this is a good representation of that sound. Features the late Dan Toler on guitar. The sound and video are both very good.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment