Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Tracy Reifkind, "Give and Take" A Kettlebell Swing workout for beginners



Allows for progression and growth
First, full disclosure:I learned my kettlebell technique by reading Tracy Reifkind's book "Swing". I followed up with a private lesson and the instructor said I learned perfectly. So I am a Tracy fan.
This video is like going to a class with Tracy. Although the workout seems simple, it works up a significant sweat and you can make it as challenging as you need. It allows for growth and progression as your strength and endurance improves. And it really works for both beginner and intermediate kettlebellers (is that a word?), but it is NOT an instructional video. Don't buy it expecting to learn the kb swing.
Now this is not a slick, highly produced video --the sound is a little tinny, the set is bare bones, there's no music and basically no camera work. And people in the video get really sweaty. But Tracy is funny and down to earth and doesn't take herself too seriously. The exercisers look like real people. And its a great workout which has helped me to get stronger,...

Love this DVD!
I love this DVD because it's a total swinging workout. There are no mtn. climbers, push ups or squat thrusts. Some mornings I just want to swing the kettlebell and this does exactly that. I do think that a better warm up should be included and I'm not sure why the "movie" part is needed but other than that I'm sure you will really like this one. FYI I'm 51 and 50 lbs overweight. I'm definitely losing weight and will update this when there's a significant loss!

Love Tracy Reifkind
This is about a 40 min. workout with a warm-up; it is a great workout. There is a front & back side that allows for growth and progression as your strength and endurance improves. The front side increases on swings while the backside decreases; so you can start off just doing the front side first or do both. If you have never touched a kettlebell before you might want to visit Tracys FB page for tips on form. If you are familiar with kettlebell form, you will love this & get a great workout.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment