Monday, September 23, 2013

Get Extremely RIPPED! and Chiseled Exercise & Fitness DVD



Good but Flawed
I have to say up front that I really enjoy working out with Jari Love. she is a supportive, encouraging instructor and she knows her stuff! I have almost all her DVDs and enjoy the balance between cardio and strength training. This one fell a bit short for me. You will get a good strength workout, but be aware that there is essentially no cardio. This is not a bad thing, you just need to be aware of what you're getting.
she uses tried and true exercises, no fanfare, but the reps seem to go on forever. Even the women working out with her in the DVD seem to get a bit tired of doing the same move ad infinitum. You will feel the muscle burn but I got bored. Also, in the cons category the "background" music seemed a bit too loud and was obtrusive.
still if you can push past the distracting music and repetitive repetitions, this might be one for you.

Love Jari...
Great workout. Not boring and very challenging. This workout does remind me of her older dvds. I surely felt sore the next few days.

Like having a personal trainer at home!
Challenging workout! I love that most of the exercises simultaneously work at least two body parts plus your core. Note that while there's a "lower body" and "upper body" segment to the DVD, both halves work both parts. I actually had to go buy lighter weights since I couldn't complete all the reps of some sections (like the anterior raises). It would be helpful to have a step bench, but I use a milk crate that works great for the seated exercises. The other reviewer who commented on the repetitiveness has a point, but reps bring results. Without the video, few of us would do this many push ups or dead lifts on our own. I have been doing this a couple times a week since it came out in December...still not bored yet and seeing/feeling the results - great return on investment!

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment