Thursday, September 26, 2013

Nova Sciencenow: Can I Eat That?



If you like the Food Network shows, you'll find this DVD fascinating - and funny too!
"NOVA Science NOW" is a new offshoot of the long running PBS science series NOVE, produced by WBGH in Boston. Each of the 54-minute shows is divided into four or more segments, but the episode has one umbrella topic. I wasn't aware of the show until I received this DVD but, if the others are like this one, I'm already a fan.

The photo of a cricket (yep, an insect) on a fork which graces the cover may be a bit misleading. Yes, there is a five minute section where a chef actually fries a cricket as an appetizer, but what things we can eat is only a small segment of this show. I'll try to give you an idea of what's here but not spoil the surprises you'll find by watching it.

First off, the series is hosted by a guy named David Hogue. I'm never heard of him before but he is funny, in a satirical way. He's an "everyman" just like you and me, who is curious. And it's his curiosity that draws us in.

Thought it would have been nice if this DVD was released by...

Gave This as a Gift
The recipient told me that he really enjoyed watching this DVD. Sorry, can't give more info. He was VERY HAPPY to receive this gift.



Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment