Monday, September 16, 2013

Cowboy Spirit



A real feel good movie
Cowboy Spirit is a a terrific movie for all ages. You don't have to be a cowboy to appreciate it...you just have to have a heart! Have kleenex on hand as it does pull on your heart strings. Good for younger kids to realize how much they learn from their grandparents without even being aware of it. I love a movie that has a moral to the story, and this is it!Being kind to others...karma...they all play a part. And of course the Cowboy Spirit is the kind of spirit everyone needs. Do buy it, watch it, share it...you won't regret it!

Watch for these people; they're going places!
The only reason this didn't get 5 stars from me was because of the acting by some (but not all!) of the volunteers. The little girl, however, is a wonderful actor, even when she has no lines. Her expressions are real and worth a thousand words. Ayla Brown was another who impressed me. She not only acted well, but wrote and sang her own songs. My favorite, however, was the grandfather played by Mike Allison, who is also the writer and producer. Watching this first effort by most of the people involved reminded me of when I saw Taylor Swift open for Brad Paisley in Omaha when she was 16. I had never really heard of her before, but could tell she was going places and I predict the same for the Cowboy Spirit crew. My favorite scene is the last and I love that the ending isn't all tied up in a pretty bow. This a movie that will stick with you and I recommend it for all except for very young children.

Not your typical cowboy movie
Cowboy Spirit is an entertaining experience. The Story is engaging, the soundtrack is great and the actors made us forget that we were watching a movie. All the players did a great job and Ayla Brown showed that she is not just a great singer but was flawless in the lead female role. Don't look for flashy special effects, Alians or Super-Heroes in this film. It's a great story about ordinary people facing extraordinary challenges. The message is one that will stick with you. Great for teens and adults, probably not for younger kids.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment